And get a certificate for a half day off.
By Rick DeWitt, MicroStation File Repair Expert
Problems that cause MicroStation to crash or prevent design files from opening can lead to late nights and coming in on the weekends. Missing elements or elements that are difficult to select (or move, or copy or delete), plotting problems, Fit View problems and issues that come up after migrating design files from V7 to V8 or V8i can all cause delays that spouses and children hate almost as much as project managers, engineers and drafters do.
The Warning Symptoms
Is there a late night or short weekend in your future? The following is a partial list of the many symptoms that indicate you have design file corruption that can delay your projects and keep you at the office longer than you or your family want.
- The “MicroStation Problem Notification” dialog box appears when you’re working on a design file.
- You have design files that behave oddly when you zoom in or zoom out.
- You see the dialog that says MicroStation has experienced a problem and must shut down.
- You do a “fit all” command in a design file and the whole drawing becomes a small dot somewhere on the screen and you can’t figure out why.
- You discover that some elements have mysteriously disappeared.
- You find elements that are difficult to select or delete.
- You have design files that you just cannot open.
- You discover levels that seemed to just vanish from Level Manager.
- Whole models vanish from a V8 design file or cell library.
- You have trouble plotting or translating certain design files in a project.
All these symptoms get in the way of project completion and drain profits. They always add time and cost to your projects. The symptoms occur when the data stored within the design file becomes corrupt. Corruption can occur for many different reasons including hardware faults, network glitches or software oversights and even human errors. However they occur, the result is the same: project delays and overtime.
But There’s Hope
FileFixer advances every year with powerful improvements and new features that are designed to fix every type of corruption or non-optimum condition found in MicroStation design files. FileFixer prevents the “symptoms” from becoming full-blown problems that can keep you away from home and is the tool of choice of CAD managers and CAD users alike to fix these issues and get home on time.
And Some Fun
Want to get a half day off from work? Just send us a note with the details on which Axiom tool you use and how it saved your company time and money and we’ll send you a certificate from Axiom stating that you should be given a half day off. Show it to your boss and tell him that you earned a half-day off and you want it this Friday. Who knows? Maybe it’ll actually work. Just think of the fun you could have with that!
Find Out How You Can Get Home on Time. Call Now!
To get a free trial version or to schedule an online demonstration of FileFixer, contact an Axiom MicroStation Consultant today. Call 727-442-7774 extension 3903, e-mail 3903@AxiomInt.com or visit Axiom on the web at www.AxiomInt.com now!
More from Tools
You have been there — a project deadline is closing in and you still have to import several giant spreadsheets,…Read More
Translation Manager has for many years helped MicroStation users get translations between DGN and DWG done right the first time.…Read More