New technology can instantly find and modify text elements in hundreds of DGN files!
Clearwater, Florida, USA — Axiom, the most experienced developer of time-saving MicroStation software solutions, announces the release of CadExplorer version 2.0. The new release allows users to make batch modifications to text elements in multiple design files quickly and with the ability to preview changes in a spreadsheet-like view before committing them!
CadExplorer lets users magically ignore the boundaries between MicroStation files and interactively find, display, analyze, explore, report on and investigate MicroStation data in ways never before possible. With CadExplorer, you can now modify selected text in just seconds — even using wildcard and regular expression substitution — and you can preview your proposed text changes in a spreadsheet-like view before committing them to your design files. Generating the preview windows takes only seconds, even if you are processing hundreds of design files! You don’t even need to have access to MicroStation to analyze design files or modify text elements. There is no easier way to select, preview and modify text across multiple MicroStation design files.
“I won’t use the word ‘revolutionary’ because that term has been overused and so most people, when they see that word, assume it’s just another case of an ad agency trying to make a big splash”, said Ed Clark, President of Axiom. “That’s unfortunate because every once in a great while, something comes along that actually does fit the definition of ‘revolutionary’. This technology does something that has never been done before and should reset the thinking on how to handle text in CAD files. (Yes, this release works only for MicroStation. Hang in there, AutoCAD nation.)” Clark continued, “We listen to users, most of whom work in Engineering or other CAD-using shops where someone (often many ‘someones’) is spending an awful lot of man-hours on adding, removing or modifying text in many or all the files of a project. What a ridiculous loss of time that is. But it’s not the users’ fault. What else could they do? Until now.”
In addition to the new text modification capability, here are just a few of the other things that users can do with CadExplorer:
- Instantly find, using any combination of common MicroStation element characteristics, any MicroStation element (or elements) in any design file in a project or at an entire site.
- Instantly zoom in on found elements in any design file on your network. At the click of a button, CadExplorer will open the design file containing the found element or elements, zoom in on them and await further instructions.
- Instantly and interactively search all the design files in any project or at an entire site for elements that violate specific standards that you can generate on the spot.
- Find all kinds of oddball errors.
- Find all kinds of oddball duplicates.
- Instantly see a list of reference files and which design files have them attached.
- See how many times each cell is (or cells are) included in a certain set of design files.
- Export from CadExplorer to Microsoft Excel.
- Use Structured Query Language (SQL) to perform free-form queries on your design file data. Use Crystal Reports or IT’s favorite tools to view and report CadExplorer data.
CadExplorer uses a technology similar to Google.™ Just as Google constantly scans the Internet, building a database of every webpage it finds, CadExplorer scans design files to maintain a database of all the MicroStation elements and models in a project or at a site. CadExplorer’s database is a live, up-to-date mirror (cache) of the actual MicroStation data. CadExplorer is blazingly fast because it gathers all the data it needs invisibly before you request it. CadExplorer then lets users instantly and interactively find, view, sort, filter and group this information in dozens of ways.
According to Axiom’s Vice-president of Technology, “This is a new era for CAD users. Not only can users analyze design files in ways never before possible, they can now modify text elements in any number of design files across multiple projects in just seconds. Users can change as much text as they want in individual design files or in massive batches at a time and preview the changes before committing them. Also, because the process is done outside of MicroStation, users don’t even have to have access to MicroStation in order to use CadExplorer.”